Submission Application Form 14th Hawai'i International
Summit: Preventing, Assessing and Treating
Trauma Across the Lifespan
March 27 - 30, 2017
Thank you for your interest in submitting an application for the 14th Hawai'i International Summit: Preventing, Assessing and Treating Trauma Across the Lifespan. By participating in IVAT's 14th Summit, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth below including the Violence, Abuse and Trauma disclaimer. Applications will be considered through for posters will be considered until January 26, 2017.
General Terms and Conditions
You agree to be present at the 14th Hawai'i International Training Summit only for lawful purposes and in accordance with professional, ethical guidelines.
The following applies to all workshops, keynote panels, presentations, poster sessions, video or audio material, bulletin board postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted by you to us ("content"): (a) you must own or have the right to submit content for presentation at the 14th Hawai'i International Summit and all content submitted by you must be legal, honest, truthful, and comply with IVAT's objectives and all applicable laws, regulations, standards of codes of practice; and (b) you must ensure that all content submitted to us does not infringe copyright, design, privacy, publicity, data protection, trade mark, or any other rights of any any third party, and is not obscene, abusive, threatening, libelous, or defamatory of any person; IVAT has the right to monitor content and may edit, reject, or remove content if we believe it does not comply with the above. IF these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have IVAT's permission to participate in the Summit.
Additional Registration Terms/Code of Conduct
Before submitting, please read and accept the following additional terms: Because our previous attendees have expressed interest in having more interaction with speakers (in addition to their formal presentation times), we request that all speakers register and make an effort to be present for at least one day in addition to the day of their scheduled programming. We provide a 50% registration discount to all presenters and co-presenters and require that the online registration process be completed by February 5, 2017 or be subject to cancellation.
By typing your initials here, you are agreeing to accept the registration terms.
If selected as a presenter, you are always in the visible eye of attendees and they will look to you for examples of professional behavior. In order to create a healthy learning environment, please remember the following code of behavior:
• Be open to hearing and exploring ideas regardless of the ideological perspective, academic degree or absence of one, or professional discipline of other presenters, whose views and opinions may differ from yours.
• Maintain a positive atmosphere of mutual respect and consideration while at the Summit.
• Strive to share helpful ideas, suggestions or improvements.
• Avoid negative, unhealthy or unproductive criticism.
• Use victim-sensitive language.
• Be intolerant of gossip and rumor spreading about any participants, author/exhibitors, speakers, event organizers or anything associated with the Summit.
• Be intolerant of inappropriate sexualized talk, contact and predatory behavior.
• Be sensitive and respectful of the military and law enforcement presence at the Summit.
By submitting this form, you agree to all of the above terms and conditions.
If you have any questions about your submission, please email email@example.com.