All IVAT sponsored Professional Training workshops are continuing education opportunities
IVAT also will co-sponsor other organizations' conferences or training workshops to offer continuing education. If you would like IVAT to co-sponsor your conference or training workshop to offer continuing education, please contact the CE & Bookstore Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 771-9568.
Upcoming CE & Certification Opportunities
- NOVA Sponsored: National Advocate Leadership Center (NALC) - Webinars: 12 month series - https://www.trynova.org/nalc/distance-learning/. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- March 15, 2018: Effective Victim Advocacy with Long-Term Clients – Colleen Phelan – Pima County Attorney’s Office
- April 19, 2018: Identifying and Responding to Sexual Abuse Among Older Adults – Paul Greenwood – San Diego District Attorney’s Office
- May 17, 2018: Working with Transgender Survivors: Core Information for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocates – Michael Munson – FORGE
- June 21, 2018: Preventing Strangulation in Interpersonal Violence and Sexual Violence Crimes – Gael Strack – Alliance for Hope International & Training Institute on Strangulation Prevention
- July 19, 2018: Ethics in Victims Services – TPB
- August 9, 2018: Interpersonal Violence and Animal Cruelty: Model Co-Sheltering Programs – Katie Campbell – Red Rover
- September 20, 2018: Campus Sexual Violence – Chardonnay Madkins – End Rape on Campus (EROC)
- October 18, 2018: Preventing and Responding to Teen Dating Violence – Alesha Istavan – Break the Cycle
- November 15, 2018: TBD
- December 13, 2018: TBD
- April 29 – May 1, 2018: ResilienceCon: Life Paths Appalachian Research Center (Nashville, TN) https://www.lifepathsresearch.org/deadlines-registration-fees/
- May 12, 2018: Human Trafficking – RADAR: Center for Justice & Reconciliation – (San Diego, CA) https://ht-radar.abolishhumantrafficking.com/2018-conference/
- May 8 – 11, 2018: 21st Annual California Coalition On Sexual Offending Training Conference (San Diego, CA) https://ccoso.org/
- July 14, 2018: Association for Domestic Violence Intervention Programs 2018 World Conference (Portsmouth, NH) http://www.domesticviolenceintervention.net/advip-2018-conference/
- July 15 – 17, 2018: Annual International Family Violence and Child Victimization Research Conference (Portsmouth, NH) https://cola.unh.edu/frl/conference
- August 20-23, 2018: NOVA 44th Annual Training Event: National Office for Victim Assistance (Jacksonville, FL) https://www.trynova.org/jax18/
- August 29-31, 2018: National Sexual Assault Conference 2018: California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (Anaheim, CA) https://www.nsvrc.org/nsac
- September 12-14, 2018: National Training Institute 2018: National Center for Victims of Crime (Miami, FL)
- CMEs by Nevada School of Medicine for HI and SD Summits 2018
IVAT is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. IVAT maintains responsibility for this continuing education program and its content.
IVAT is approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses to offer continuing education for nurses (CEP #13737).
IVAT is approved by the State Bar of California to offer Minimum Continuing Legal Education for attorneys (#11600).
IVAT is approved by the California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) to offer continuing education for certified alcohol and drug counselors (Provider #1S-03-499-0219).
IVAT is approved by the National Association of Social Workers - CA to offer continuing education for LCSWs, IMFs, and LPCCs.
REFUND POLICY: Continuing Education (CE) fees are non-refundable, but transferable.