When and where will this year's Summit be held?
The conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine in San Diego, CA, located at 3777 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92122
NPEIV's Annual Forum is Wednesday, September 5th. The Summit is Thursday, September 6th through Sunday, September 9th.
Who should I contact for questions about the San Diego 2018 Summit?
· Please contact the following individuals:
· Abstract/Session/Speaker inquiries: Alisha Cunzio AlishaC@ivatcenters.org
· Conference Sponsorship & Exhibitors: Sarina Moretti SarinaM@ivatcenters.org
· Continuing Education/BookStore: Patricia Smith PatriciaS@ivatcenters.org
· Program: Sandi Capuano Morrison SandiCM@ivatcenters.org
· Registration: Erycha Butler ErychaB@ivatcenters.org
How much is registration?
§ The full listing of Summit registration fees can be found on the fees page.
§ Early bird rates apply until July 15, 2018
§ Advanced rates apply until August 27, 2018
§ Registration closes on August 28, 2018. Onsite rates will apply after this date.
§ NO REFUNDS will be issued after August 1, 2018.
§ Registrations not paid within ten business days will automatically be unregistered for non-payment.
Are there any discounts available?
· Yes! Early Bird discounts are available to all attendees!! Register early! Early Bird fees end July 15th!
· We offer discounts for our Service Members, students, presenters and groups of 5 or more. Please email ErychaB@ivatcenters.org with any questions regarding discounts.
· You can volunteer during the conference to earn discounted registration fees. Every 5 hours volunteered earns you 1 full day of Summit registration! Please contact Mark Yunker to get started with your volunteer application at MarkY@ivatcenters.org. All volunteers must register through our website registration process.
Can I register for the entire group?
· Yes! One person can register their group! You must register all group members at once in order to take advantage of our group rates.
· Please remember to choose all the sessions that your attendees want to go to. The registration is not complete until you accept our Terms & Conditions, hit finish and have a confirmation number.
· Enter everyone's individual email address so that they can get updated information, such as a session cancellation, badge or payment information. As the group leader, you will receive the same email.
Is the Networking & Awards Luncheon included with my registration?
· The Networking & Awards Luncheon is ONLY included at NO EXTRA FEE if you purchase the full SUMMIT (09/06-09/09), 3day Summit (09/07-09/09), or 2day Summit: 09/06 & 09/09; 09/07 & 09/09 or 09/08 & 09/09 option. Please call if you have questions or email Erychab@ivatcenters.org or 858-284-1033.
· Any one is welcome to attend the luncheon, the fee is $40.00. You may add this to your package before you check out, or call to have it added, but be advised, there are a limited number of lunch tickets available. Once we are sold out, unfortunately, there will be no additions.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept credit cards, checks and money orders.
Accepted credit cards are:
· American Express
· Diner's Club
There is a processing fee of 3% with credit card payments.
Check payments will have a processing fee of $30.
Purchase Orders will have a processing fee of $40.
If you need an invoice sent to you or your Financial Office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a daily registration rate?
§ Yes, one-day conference registration is available. Please note that your registration is valid only for sessions and events on that day and badges will be actively checked throughout the conference to ensure that participants have registered properly.
I just want to attend one session. Is that possible to do without registering for the conference?
· Individuals wanting to participate in one session must register for a one-day pass for that day; IVAT does not allow unregistered attendees to come to sessions or other conference events.
· Session presenters, poster presenters, volunteers, planning committee members and staff are required to register. This allows us an accurate count for room placement, and helps to ensure only those registered are in attendance at any given session.
What is the refund policy?
§ Registrations cancelled within 3 business days are subject to full refund, less transaction fees. After August 1st no refunds will be issued.
§ Registrations cancelled before July 1st are subject to a $75 cancellation fee. Registrations cancelled between July 1st- August 1st will be issued 50% of the registration fee paid, less transaction fees. CEs are not refundable, but are transferable.
§ Registrations are transferable until August 1st. Starting August 1st, transfers will not be accepted, and NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
§ All cancellations must be sent in writing via e-mail to the conference registrar, Erycha Butler at Erychab@ivatcenters.org by August 1st. IVAT is not responsible for problems beyond our control such as weather conditions, travel difficulties, health issues, etc. No refunds will be given in these situations if occurring after August 1st.
§ There will be no refunds after August 1st.
Where should I stay?
§ Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine, where our Summit is held, is our host hotel for this year's Summit. Room rates begin at $169++ Please check our Socio and Hotel tab for more information.
§ Make your reservations by August 15, 2018. Room blocks are limited; we recommend booking early.
I would like to share a hotel room with someone, but I do not have a roommate. Could the conference organizers assist me?
§ Conference organizers do not match roommates.
Are travel grants made available to participants from developing countries?
§ Unfortunately, we are not in a position to offer such grants.
I am an overseas participant and need a letter of invitation before I can receive my visa. What is the procedure?
§ Upon full payment of conference registration fees, the participant may request an invitation letter by emailing ErychaB@ivatcenters.org. IVAT will not supply an invitation letter to unpaid or unregistered participants, and IVAT reserves the right to refuse to provide invitation letters for attendees. Please note that IVAT does not give any further support to the visa application process. Obtaining a visa remains the sole responsibility of the participant. Regular deadlines apply, regardless of whether your visa was granted or not.
Is there funding available to help with travel costs?
§ IVAT is unable to assist with travel costs at this time.
What services are available for special needs and requests?
§ IVAT encourages persons with disabilities to participate in their programs and activities. Please contact Mark Yunker at MarkY@ivatcenters.org no later than August 1, 2018 to request ASL interpreter services or other accommodations for special needs. If you have dietary restrictions, please be sure to mark those on the space provided on the registration form when you register, or notify Erycha Butler at ErychaB@ivatcenters.org. We will do our best to accommodate reasonable requests.
Will I receive a certificate to document my attendance?
· Certificate to document my attendance (Certificate of Attendance and/or Continuing Education Certificate): You will receive an overall evaluation, sent to you upon completion of the Summit, at the email address you provide upon registration. If you do not receive the overall evaluation within 7 days following the Summit, please contact email@example.com. PLEASE BE ADVISED: the link to your evaluation will expire 2 weeks after it has been sent to you. At the completion of your evaluation, it will generate your certificate. It is your responsibility to print your certificate when it appears on your computer screen. Once it is accessed, you will not be able to access it a second time – you cannot save it. There is an additional $25 fee for duplicate certificates or certificates not accessed through the evaluation link.
· A certificate of attendance will only document the dates of the event, the continuing education certificate will document your actual hours that you attended the event. There is no charge for a certificate of attendance, there is a fee for a continuing education certificate of $50 pre-registration or $60 onsite.
How can I submit a proposal to present a workshop at the Summit?
§ We are no longer accepting presentation proposals and cannot honor requests for late submissions.
§ We are accepting poster submissions until June 27th.
When will I be notified if my presentation is accepted?
§ Notices with accepted presentations will be sent by June 15th.
§ Confirmation emails are sent by Alisha Cunzio at AlishaC@ivatcenters.org
§ If you have submitted more than one presentation, you will receive one email for each presentation accepted. Please be observant of the title if you have submitted more than one workshop.
How do I confirm my participation in the conference?
§ To secure your place in the Summit program, presenters must register by July 1, 2018.
§ Proposal submitters should follow these instructions to confirm their session acceptance: Return your signed confirmation letter. Register and pay any fees due. Submit your bio/abstract/pic/AV needs or any other missing information for you and any co-presenters.
Do presenters have to register or pay Summit registration fees?
§ Yes. All presenters are required to register for a minimum of the day their session is scheduled. We offer a 50% discount to those presenting sessions or posters at the Summit.
§ All presenters and co-presenters are required to register by the early bird registration deadline on July 15, 2018.
How do I add a presenter to my session?
§ Any co-presenters should be listed on the submission at the time of application. Co-authors are also to be listed, but either can be added via email, to AlishaC@ivatcenters.org. Co-presenters in attendance must register, however, coauthors not in attendance do not. Your co-presenter is not considered registered until his/her registration fee is paid and you have proof of payment!
§ Names and affiliations will appear in the Summit program exactly as they appear in the confirmation letter you will sign and return.
What audio-visual equipment is provided?
§ Rooms for all sessions except the poster session are equipped with a head table or a podium. Laptops, screens, projectors are not automatically included, please let us know your needs and we will do our best to accommodate.
§ We strongly recommend that presenters bring their presentations on a portable drive or bring their own laptop. If you are using a Mac, please bring your adaptor. We cannot guarantee proper connections on any equipment.
§ Wireless Internet access is NOT available.
Who should I contact for support regarding the mobile app SOCIO for the San Diego 2018 Summit?
· Please contact: Erycha Butler at ErychaB@ivatcenters.org.
What do volunteers do?
§ This is a sample of the types of work our volunteers assist with:
§ Monitor sessions
§ Help with registration
§ Scan attendees in/out for CEs
§ Take tickets at meals and other events
§ Help in the office
§ Assist with special events
Where can I sign up to purchase an exhibit booth, mobile app banner, or print ad?
§ Contact Sarina Moretti at SarinaM@ivatcenters.org.
§ Registration for our exhibitors to attend any sessions would be a separate fee from the exhibitor’s fee.
How can my organization become a conference sponsor?
§ Sponsorship opportunities are limited, so act today. To become a sponsor and for more information, please contact SarinaM@ivatcenters.org
What are the Exhibit Fair hours?
§ Thursday, 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
§ Friday, 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
§ Saturday, 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
§ Sunday, 7:30AM - 3:30PM
Why should I attend the 15th International Hawai'i Summit?
· Learn New Strategies and Techniques. This year's conference offers more than 70 educational programs and workshops. Return to your organization energized and armed with new and innovative techniques and strategies to benefit you and the demographic you serve!
· Strengthen Your Network. Learn from the thousands of your colleagues attending the conference as you meet and discuss in between sessions, on the exhibit hall floor, or while exploring San Diego. You will be able to rely on your growing network of like-minded service providers when you’re back in the office and struggling with a challenging scenario.
· Connect with Vendors. Get a leg up as you talk with vendors and preview new products and services in the exhibit hall. Nearly 100 vendors will display their services in San Diego, including local jewelry makers, self-care providers, and much more.
· Join the Planning Committee! Newer members, you're not alone. Our Planning Committee is a diverse group of people wanting to help coordinate our next Summit, review and score submissions, suggest speakers to invite or topics to focus on, chairing a workshop or other on-site help. Contact mailto:AliciaC@ivatcenters.orgfor more information on the Planning Committee.