Register Now & Save! Early Bird Rates End July 15th!
- Adult Survivors of Maltreatment & Trauma
- At-Risk Youth
- Child Maltreatment/Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Human & Labor Trafficking
- Intimate Partner Violence Offenders
- Intimate Partner Violence Victims/Survivors
- Legal & Criminal Justice Issues
- Sexual Assault/Sexual Abuse Victimization & Offenders
- Trauma in General
- Trauma in Military Personnel, Veterans & Their Families
- Vulnerable Populations
- Campus Sexual Assault
- Youth Dating Violence and Appeasement in the Age of #MeToo
- Using Your Existing Data to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Your Prevention and Treatment Program or Services: Learning by Doing
- Desperately Seeking Attachment: How Trauma and Neglect Disrupt Attachment
- Protective Practices for Practitioner Burnout
- Ethical Dilemmas and Compassion Fatigue; The Interface of Energy Management
- The Intersection of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Domestic Violence (DV)
- “It Wasn’t Rape Because She Came”: The Myth of Victim Arousal in Sexualized Violence
- Simple and Effective Control of Aggression - 4 Steps: A Therapeutic Method
- MEGA♪ Specialized Risk Assessment, Training: Assessing Sexually Abusive Youth, Ages 4-19 years*
- Earn CEs and specialty certifications to fulfill your annual requirements and refine your skill set.
- Network and collaborate with professionals from across disciplines during Poster Session & Welcoming Reception and Awards Luncheon.
- Gain applied knowledge by hearing from acclaimed keynote speakers.
- Attend panels and workshops that cover hot-button topics like #MeToo, Campus Sexual Assault, and more.
- Refresh your self-care routine by attending a variety of self-care opportunities.
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine
Reserve your room early for best rates at the beautiful, centrally located Hyatt Regency La Jolla At Aventine, San Diego, CA. If making your reservation by phone, please be sure to let Hyatt staff know you are attending the 23rd Summit. For questions and assistance, please contact the IVAT office at: (858) 527-1860
Click here to book your room!
Airfare & Transportation Discounts
Flights: Alaska Airlines
Enter Discount Code: ECMZ821
Booking your flight with Alaska Airlines can save you money! We've partnered to bring you the lowest possible rates. Visit alaskaair.com and input the discount code ECMZ821 when booking your flight.
If you have questions about the Discount Code, please contact the Alaska Airlines Group Desk at 800-445-4435. You may also book your flight via phone; however a $15.00 per person ticketing fee will apply.
Ground Transportation: ShuttleFare.com & ParkingAccess.com
Enter Coupon Code: IVAT2018
ShuttleFare.com is offering a $5 discount off airport shuttle transportation to and from Airport and your Hotel.
To book reservation click airport link: https://www.shuttlefare.com/san_diego_airport_shuttle_san
Once you complete your reservation an email confirmation will be sent to you and this will be your travel voucher for your airport transportation. It will also include instructions on where to meet your shuttle when you arrive at the airport as well as any important phone numbers for the day of travel. For reservation changes or questions contact customer service: Phone: 800-851-4528
Low cost airport parking reservations are offered by Parkingaccess.com with the convenience of reserving and pre-paying ahead of time guaranteeing you a perfect spot. Summit attendees receive a 5% discount.
Making the Most of the 23rd Summit
This Summit has become a unique forum for professionals across all disciplines and philosophies to gather for in-depth exchange of current information on all facets of violence, abuse and trauma prevention, intervention and research. We are one of the very few events that include researchers, practitioners, advocates, survivors, and front-line workers from all disciplines to share information, discuss controversial issues, and engage in difficult dialogues. We strive to infuse our theme of Voices Against Violence: Breaking Through the Silence into the presentations as well as into the thoughtfulness and professionalism reflected throughout the Summit. We continue to focus on linking research, practice, policy and advocacy.
Saturday 12:20 pm - 2:30 pm
Come network with invited speakers, Summit Planning Committee, and other professionals from a diverse assortment of fields over a seated lunch. Awards to honor those who have made outstanding contributions to the
fields of prevention, intervention and treatment of violence, abuse and trauma will be announced. This ticketed event is
included with registration for Saturday Summit. Tickets will be distributed at registration desk.
This Summit and Post-Summit meet the qualifications for up to 26.5 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Specific session titles, specialty certification, and accreditation information coming soon.
Thursday 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Positioned on the first evening of the Summit, the Poster Session is a great opportunity to mix and mingle with diverse professionals. Music, appetizers and a cash bar provide a relaxing setting to meet the poster creators and engage in topical discussions. Posters will be eligible for awards. Submissions accepted until June 27, 2018. Submit Here.
Calling all volunteers! Are you looking to attend the Summit at a discounted rate?
Earn lowered or waived Summit Registration by signing up to volunteer your time. Every 5 hours worked will count towards one day of waived registration. Some fees may still apply.
To join IVAT's Summit Planning Committee please contact: Alishac@ivatcenters.org
Become a Supporter
IVAT invites organizations, groups, and companies to join the 23rd Summit's cause by becoming an Exhibitors, Sponsors, Advertiser, or Collaborator. Your contribution to enrich and diversify the Summit each year is welcomed and appreciated by attendees.