16th Hawai`i International
Preventing, Assessing and Treating Trauma Across the Lifespan
Hawai'i Convention Center, Honolulu, HI
April 23-26, 2019
Join us at the 16th International Summit for the latest research on prevention, assessment, and intervention techniques concerning various aspects of trauma and maltreatment across the lifespan as well as the long-term effects if untreated. Nationally and internationally recognized presenters and local practitioners come together to discuss the latest research, assessment methods, interventions, and prevention strategies for those who have been traumatized, abused, and victimized.
Our goals at the 16th International Hawai'i Summit are:
- Bringing together local, regional, national and international leaders, researchers, practitioners, consumer-survivors, policy makers and advocates, as well as those working on the frontlines with children, adults, and families to network and learn from each other
- Strategies to promote peace in the home and communities around the world
- Multidisciplinary solutions to prevent family violence, child maltreatment, sexual violence, trauma and compassion fatigue
- Dissemination of promising and best practices in prevention and intervention
- Linking research, practice, advocacy and policy
- Promotion of prevention programs
- Spotlight on current research and programs involving substance abuse and violence
- Advanced clinical/treatment techniques
- Opportunities/techniques to re-fuel, re-energize, and apply self-care
- Share new interventions, techniques and approaches
- Strategies to promote social change and social justice to eliminate oppression
- Dissemination of practical application techniques
Read 25th Summit Report Here
Read 14th Summit Report Here
"Voices Against Violence: Breaking Through the Silence"
Linking Research, Practice, Advocacy & Policy
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine, San Diego, CA
September 6-9, 2018
Annual NPEIV Forum September 5, 2018.
The 23rd International Summit on Violence, Abuse and Trauma is a unique forum for people from all disciplines and philosophies to gather for in-depth exchange of current information on all facets of violence, abuse and trauma prevention, intervention and research. We are one of the very few summits that include researchers, practitioners, advocates, consumer-survivors, and front-line workers from all disciplines to share information, discuss controversial issues, and engage in difficult dialogues. Topic tracks span intimate partner violence, child maltreatment, children exposed to violence, at-risk youth, criminal justice issues, sexual victimization, sex trafficking, preventions, trauma in military personnel, veterans and families, elder abuse, substance abuse, trauma-informed care and more.
The vision of the many Summit co-sponsors, collaborating organizations, exhibitors, and participants is to make a significant positive impact on eliminating all forms of violence and abuse everywhere. We are expecting over 900 attendees from all over the globe to come together for an appreciation of multi-ethnic, multicultural and multidisciplinary perspectives. Opportunities for networking are scheduled into the program to enhance informal discussions of cutting-edge research, prevention and intervention strategies, policy changes, innovative methods,healthcare approaches, advanced clinical concepts and skill building essentials. Everyone will gain from this unique Summit – laying the groundwork for realizing our universal vision for peace.